Thursday, June 26, 2008

Annoying Pro Shop Employee Playing by the Rules

I spent a long weekend down at the Delaware shore at Bear Trap Dunes. Looking to tune up the golf game, I drove by the range and noticed a few guys out there hitting balls in tee shirts. Well, wearing a Nike tee shirt and shorts, I decided to get out and hit some balls. I placed my clubs next to a stand on the range and walked over to the pro shop. On my way, I noticed the guys in the tee shirts were members of the club.

I walked in the pro shop and ask the lady behind the counter for some driving range tokens. She looked at me with this disgusted face and asks all cocky if I have a collared shirt. “Yes I do”, I replied. “Do you have it with you?”, she asks. Like most people in the world, I carry a collared shirt in my pocket all the time incase I run into someone asking if I have one. Before I could open my mouth to respond, she continues to inform me that she can not sell me any tokens since I have a tee shirt on, “collared shirts are required on the driving range, sir”. Are you kidding me old lady, I felt like saying there are two or three MEMBERS on the range right now in tee shirts hitting golf balls.

Whatever, I left, got a collared shirt on, purchased the tokens and removed the collared shirt as I walked slowly out of the pro shop. If you have a standard, I’m all for following the rules, but don’t single out people while your MEMBERS are out there breaking your own rules.

For all your local golf information, check out www.twooverpar.com!

No comments: